Our education system is still outdated and not very productive. Education being one of the key basis for any development it definitely needs more attention.Great thanks to technology. It is going to transform all together the way next generation kids will get educated.
Here are 5 major shifts I visualize.
- Focus on Creativity & Problem Solving: 21st century is Conceptual age (About creating, inventing and Innovating) .We no longer need to study what Mr X has done in 1920 or what happened in world war II. You can get this information by single search. Any thing you can get from internet is not really required to remembered or learnt. Hence focus will be and has to be on creativity & problem solving
- Most Learning will be Online: You can already see this paradigm shift. This will go to an extent where there won’t be a lot of need to go to physical school and human teaching. Yes, this will happen. May be in 50 yrs but will happen
- Personality/Custom based Learning: Unlike today’s system where everyone is expected to learn the same thing learning curriculum would be based on your cognitive mapping, strengths and interests. You no longer need to waste time in learning things which are not going to be useful to you
- Less no of Years of Education: You will not be required to spend 16 years or 20 years of education years. This will be too much of time in future. Next generations not only will learn fast but will learn few focused areas so no need to spend more years in education. They will quickly get into on job activity
- Cheaper Education costs and learn from world BEST: Once the need for physical schools, teachers reduces and more e-learning comes in place then automatically costs will come down. Most importantly you can learn from the best of best people online – Coursera, Khan academy are few example.
Future of education will be really amazing. And real and meaningful learning…