This is very interesting anniversary I am celebrating ;).
Last year exactly same time – May 1st 2017– on a good lazy day, I casually said I will do daily blogging. I never wrote much prior to this. Thanks to Seth Godin. He says one must do daily blogging by sharing their thoughts, ideas, etc. Based on his inspiration I just started as an experiment.
Fast forward one year. Here I am. This is what I had written exactly one year back .=> My 1st Blog last year- May 1st 2017
I said blogging will bring following benefits. Lets see if my assumption are still valid or not.
- Play with Fears : I had little bit of resistance in starting certain kind of blogs or series like ADHD and certain non conventional ideas. Honestly I did not feel much fear as I was not expecting much and continued to write for the pleasure of sharing my thoughts.
- Creates Discipline: I don’t consider myself as very disciplined contrary to what appears outside. But with Blogging I am reasonably consistent and which helped in increasing my discipline to some extent.
- Become Better Writer: Not sure if I became a better writer. But definitely my speed has increased. Initially it used to take 45 to 50 mins. Now it is less than 30 mins. This includes coming up with idea for the day, writing, one glance of proof reading, selecting picture and posting.
- Clarity in Thinking: For sure, blogging has enhanced my thinking in various areas – Career, Business, Psychology, Philosophy, Innovation, ADHD, etc. I think blogging is the fastest way to enhance own thinking
- Become Expert: Not sure about this. May be yes in some areas. If I would have done blogging only in one area may be expertise will increase. But I am ok with the variety for first year. From now on may be I will restrict to few areas. Lets see.
- Ideas will Flow: This is 100%. I myself amaze how I get these ideas. Not all may be good but more ideas will flow.
- Kills Perfectionism: I wanted to have perfect blog site for 3 years and wrote 3 blogs in 3 years and worked on 3 different blog developers. Zero output. This blogging experiment killed perfectionism in me.
Even though I said daily blogging. I could not do daily blogging but could almost do alternate day blogging on an average. I did 151 blogs out of 365 days.
Enough of bragging…Actually it is not. It just to show how much is possible with the combination of passion & consistency. Hope you find some thing you are passionate about and start your blogging journey. I am more than happy to help you if need any help. Good Luck !!